The Fraunhofer USA, Inc., Center for Experimental Software Engineering (CESE) (www.cese.fraunhofer.org) is seeking applied researchers to work in the area of applied software architecture research. Our customers span from local startups to Fortune 500 companies who rely on our software engineering skills to digitally transform their businesses.
Software architecture research work at Fraunhofer USA CESE involves staying on top of and contributing to architecture/design research, creating architectures/designs for new systems, recovering architectures/designs from existing systems in order to analyze and improve, and providing architecture/design guidance and support internally as well as externally.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Use your systems analysis and problem solving expertise to help our customers (IARPA, DARPA, NASA, UMD, medical device manufacturers, and other large industrial companies) solve their software engineering and architecture problems
- Contribute to developing Fraunhofer's cutting edge architecture/design tools, skills and offerings
- Manage development teams and provide software design and architecture guidance
- Work with Fraunhofer staff to do business development, develop project proposals and acquire project funding in areas related to software engineering
- Publish papers and articles in research and professional venues related to software engineering
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience
- Minimum 1 years of project management experience
- Good working knowledge of common programming languages
- Familiarity with common software, mobile, web, and cloud frameworks
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field
A successful candidate also must exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Excellent spoken and written communication skills are essential, as is a willingness and ability to take initiative. Experience in working with agencies of the U.S. Federal Government is desirable, as is visibility in the international research community.
Fraunhofer USA CESE is an applied research and technology-transfer organization. We specialize in advanced software and systems engineering to support our clients with digitally transforming their businesses. Competitive salary and excellent benefits are offered.
If interested, submit 1) your resume; 2) a cover letter showcasing your experience and communication skills; and 3) links to representative technical publications. Please include salary requirements.
To apply, follow this link.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is a federal contractor.